Inspiration 28.

The hardest thing in life is getting motivated to do something.

Finding that motivation and keeping it, is something which many people struggle with. But once you have it, and you keep it you can achieve great things.

Here is the quote of the day:

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”

Mark Twain

21 Comments Add yours

1. Nancy says:

I agree with you – the hardest thing is to start something. But once we start, the rest is easy. I love this quote. The first step is always the biggest one and we need to plan appropriately. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me

Liked by 1 person

1. So true – once we start, the rest is easy! It’s just taking that first step that people find difficult, but the good news is it’s not impossible.

2. Sumedha says:

Great quote! It’s never not relevant πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

3. rsleejones says:

Totally agree!! I dread starting something but when I finally coax myself round to it I love it!!

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m the exact same! Once I start doing something I love it, and I’m just like why was I even worried haha

4. Beautiful, short but beautiful..

Liked by 1 person

5. adamjnew85 says:

So true, it been a massive obstacle for me, but one I’m getting better at

Liked by 1 person

1. That’s really good to hear! I’m the same, it takes me a while to actually start something, but I’m getting better at it too!

Liked by 1 person

6. Very true! The hardest part is to start, change from the state of inertia. Procrastinating is so tempting πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ’•.
    Have a great week.

7. Such a simple post, but oh so powerful!

Liked by 1 person

1. Completely agree with you!

8. Completely agree with this – breaking it down and then getting started is much easier than looking at one big to do! πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

9. glowsteady says:

I totally agree with this! Breaking tasks down into smaller ones always makes completing them seem easier and it never seems as bad once you get going. Starting is definitely the hard part x

Sophie

10. The hardest thing is to start, but you will thank yourself later

Liked by 1 person

1. Completely agree with you!

Liked by 1 person

11. Boss Babe Chronicles says:

I love this quote! It’s along the lines of what I’ve been setting myself when looking at my goals for the future. Positive thoughts and small steps definitely lead to big results and keep me motivated!

bossbabechroniclesblog.com

12. I started my travel blog as a hobby with the intent to grow it over the years into a full time business. I took the plunge November 2019 and became a travel agent/full time blogger. I had already established myself as the go-to person for travel expertise, and it helped my agent business tremendously. That being said – i’ve put in hours, weeks, months, years worth of work into it. It’s certainly not easy.

Liked by 1 person

1. That sounds really impressive! It’s great to know that all your hard work has paid off. Even if it wasn’t easy, it is certainly an achievement when you keep on going and finally get what you want!